The Big Event
I got hurt playing soccer last night — happily, only a sprained ankle, though I’m on crutches for the time being.
But getting crutches was not the big event of last night.
It was Such A One, who:
– literally, carried me to his truck from the soccer field
– took me to the hospital
– carried me into the ER
– sat with me in my hospital room
– held my hand
– took me home
– bought me pain-killers (cause I didn’t want to use the pain-killer prescribed by the Doc)
– got a cab to go back to the soccer field and drive my car home
– took out my trash and picked up my apartment for me, cause I had left it in a hurry and in disarray
– was just the best friend and help ever